Vocational and Education Training
Each year, staff members build on the qualifications Wanneroo Secondary College has to offer our Senior Students. The vast array of Vocational Education and Training opportunities that are available at our main campus in Wanneroo and also at the Joondalup Campus open up new pathways for beyond school.
Our VET program is structured to allow our students to achieve their secondary attainment of a minimum Certificate II qualification upon completion of year 12 and also allow for extension of this attainment to tailor students’ educational pathways in preparation for life beyond secondary schooling.
Students will have the opportunity to complete senior school with up to three qualifications.
What a great way to start life in the big wide world.
Wanneroo Secondary College places great importance on VET studies and strongly supports all VET programs in the school. Students can also access Workplace Learning (ADWPL) when they choose Career and Enterprise as a course of study. For further information about WPL please contact the Senior School Associate Principal on 9206 6555.
Enquiries and interest are addressed during the Year 10 Course Selection interview process where students are counselled on choosing a direction to take when progressing into senior school.
Qualifications currently offered at our Wanneroo campus are:
- Certificate I and II Sport and Recreation – Coaching Focus
- Certificate I and II Sport and Recreation – Outdoor Pursuits
- Certificate II Information Communication Technology
- Certificate II Business
- Certificate II Visual Arts – Digital Imaging Focus
- Certificate II and III Music
- Certificate II Textiles
- First Aid
Joondalup Campus courses include:
- School Based Apprenticeships/Traineeships: Note there is an application and selection process for these courses
- Certificates in Construction
- Certificates in Make-up and Nail Technology
- Certificates in Childcare
- Certificates in Business
- Certificates in Information Communication Technology
- Certificates in Metals and Engineering
- Certificates in Electrical
- Certificates in Automotive
- Certificates in Hospitality
- Certificates in Beauty
- Certificates in Education Support