The Wanneroo Secondary College Student Council is made up of student representatives from each year, lead by the Year 12 School Captains.
Dream, Believe, Learn, Succeed
The purpose of student council is to:
- Represent their year group.
- Develop positive attitudes and to practice good citizenship.
- Promote and improve harmonious relations throughout the school community.
- Improve school morale and general welfare; and
- Plan special events and projects.
Each council member advocates on behalf of their peer group to add value to the school community. Students are encouraged to introduce themselves to their councillor if they have any concerns or ideas for activities.
They also get the opportunity to be involved in leadership development and community outreach.
The council works hard to fundraise for nominated charities and raise awareness of issues young people face today. Each year they coordinate the “World Vision 40 hour famine” and also the “R U OK” day and other events nominated.
The Student Council meets fortnightly on Tuesday mornings under the guidance of our chaplain.