While all learning areas take advantage of the college resources and opportunities to extend students’ education and encourage them to Dream, Believe, Learn and Succeed.
The college also has a range of programs specifically designed to challenge and extend a student’s emotional and intellectual intelligence.
Wanneroo Secondary College have great relationships with external agencies, such as the City of Wanneroo, that visit the college to run programs throughout the year, inviting and helping students who may struggle with a variety of life’s obstacles.
Some of the programs currently running throughout the year include:
Goals Program: A mentoring program to assist students to widen their ambitions and career options being mentored by staff from companies such as KPMG, Optus, iinet and others.
Petroleum Club Competition: Yr 10 Academic Extension students embark on a journey exploring the oil and gas industry through designing a presentation to a panel.
She Is Program: Focuses on building confidence and leadership in a positive way.
Strength Boys Program: Focuses on building confidence and leadership in a positive way.
The Aspiration Initiate: Follows a group of aboriginal students from year 8, mentoring them through to senior school completion.
Subs In Schools: An after school program to develop engineering skills and knowledge through project based learning. Currently designing and building Mini ROV submarines with the aim to develop and build a fully functional military type submarine. The program aims to develop an awareness of engineering principles and techniques, development of CAD drawing and 3D printing techniques, group work, project management and marketing skills.
AIME: A program for Indigenous student that aims to build mentoring bridges between universities and high schools. Students can access free tutoring and one on one career education support plus much more.
As the college grows through “Our Way of Teaching and Learning”, programs are developed to suit the needs of the students in a way that complements and encourages our visions and values.
- Presentation Evening
- Harmony Week
- College Ball
- Year 10 River Cruise
- Year 8 Camp
- Year 7 Big Day Out
Competitions run across several Learning Areas and may include:
- State and National Mathematics Competitions
- Australian Mathematics Competition
- Have Sum Fun Online Competition
- Mathematics Challenge Wanneroo Education Network
- National Geographic Competition
- National Science competition
- Geographical Association of W.A Fieldwork competition
- National History Challenge
- Premier’s ANZAC tour
- Simpson Prize
- National History Challenge
- RoboCup Curtin University
The Arts enrichment includes:
- Cheer Leading
- Regular drama and dance productions and music recitals
- Visions Annual Art exhibition
- Dance Spectacular and Music Showcase’s
- Productions for each year group plus whole school production
- Theatre visits for Literature, Dance and Drama
- Participation in a wide range of sporting activities and competitions including:
- Involvement in Lightning Carnivals for Lower School
- Interschool sporting teams: – football, netball, rugby, touch rugby, soccer, basketball & cricket, athletics and swimming teams
- Country tours for football