International Fee Paying Student
Wanneroo Secondary College aims to provide curriculum that meets the needs of the students in a safe and supportive environment.
It is in the heart of the Wanneroo Shire city centre and close to the satellite City of Joondalup, which includes an education precinct including Edith Cowan University, West Coast Institute of Training and the Police Academy as well as a medical precinct including Joondalup Health Campus.
Please have a look at the links below for more information on the areas:
|Address:||56 Quarkum Street WANNEROO, Western Australia, 6065|
|Principal:||Mrs Justine McNaught-Conroy|
|International Student Coordinator:||Mr Paul Mather & Mr Brad McCallum|
|Phone:||+61 08 6401 9800|
|Number of students:||1200|
|Number of international students:||18|
|Cost of uniform (approximately)||$250|
Key Features of College:
- A safe environment that welcomes students from all over the world. We have a strong Student Services Team lead by the Associate Principals that includes a manager, year coordinators, councillors, a nurse, a chaplain and youth worker.
- An International Students Support Teacher who meets daily with the students to monitor their academic progress and help them to settle into the new environment.
- A full range of university entrance courses as well as catering for students interested in Photography, Robotics and Coding, Furniture Design, Technology, Food Production, Computing and Metals Technology as well as Music, Drama and Dance.
Specialist and High Performance Programs:
- Australian Rules Football
- Academic Extension Classes
- Performing Arts (Music, Drama & Dance)
- Robotics and Coding
- Australian Football
- Robotics and Coding dedicated facilities.
- A Performing Arts Centre consisting of dance studio, theatre, music rooms and recording studio.
- A Visual Arts centre that caters for painting, ceramics, print making and three dimensional work.
- Excellent facilities for furniture design and metals technology.
- A photography and graphic design centre.
- Gymnasium, soccer field, tennis, basketball and netball courts and a football oval.
English as a Second Language:
- Senior School: The Course English as an Additional Language/Dialect to University Entrance Level.
- Lower School: International Students study the subject, English as a Second Language (ESL), in addition to the mainstream English classes
Other School Activities:
- Robotics Club
- Chess club
- Scrabble competition
- School Band
- Tutoring in all subjects
- Various lunchtime activities