Good Standing Policy
At Wanneroo Secondary College (WSC) we believe learning is enhanced in a welcoming, inclusive and caring environment. The Good Standing Policy provides a system that assists students to maintain a satisfactory level of attendance, punctuality, course participation and behaviour. It also aims to help our students take responsibility for their actions and encourages behaviour to help students succeed in further education, training or employment.
ALL STUDENTS START THE YEAR WITH GOOD STANDING. IT CONTINUES IF THEY MAINTAIN:
- Satisfactory academic performance:
- Completion of all requirement of their study program
- Submission of all homework, assignments and coursework
- Working cooperatively with teachers and others
- Working at a level which reflects the ability of the student
- Taking pride in the presentation of work
- Satisfactory attendance and punctuality:
- Satisfactory attendance is deemed to be regular school attendance. Absences, if supported by documentation, or deemed a reasonable absence from school as determined by the appropriate Associate Principal, will not impact on Good Standing status
- Acceptable behaviour:
- Student behaviour is within the guidelines of the college’s Behaviour Management Policies and Procedures
- Acceptable standards of dress:
- Student dress is expected to meet the standard as described by the colleges Uniform Policy
Stages of loss of Good Standing are sequential however the College reserves the right to place a student at whatever stage it sees fit, especially in the case of suspension where the result will probably be LOSS OF GOOD STANDING.
CONSEQUENCES FOR LOSS OF GOOD STANDING
- Is ineligible to attend extra-curricular activities and events including; School Ball, River Cruise, Big Day Out, Camps and Sporting Carnivals
- Is ineligible to be school representative.
- Is ineligible to attend the Year 12 leaving ceremony
- May have their enrolment reviewed